In my last free inquiry blog post I mentioned how I couldn’t achieve the finger positioning for the chords Dm and Em and how if I practiced I would eventually get it, well I practiced a lot and those two chords still don’t sound right. I have tried everything to be able to get my fingers to make the Dm chord and no matter how hard I try once I strum, the chord sound just sounds horrible and I don’t know how I can change that. Now with Em, it feels like the finger placement is easy and like my fingers are in the right spots but once again, once I strum it just doesn’t sound right. I need to try and come up with a solution because right now it just feels like my fingers are incapable of properly making those two chords.

I also started learning how to switch between chords and practicing doing it with chords from the songs that I am going to learn. So far I have noticed it is quite easy to switch between chords except the G chord! I have found it difficult being able to switch from any chord to the G chord, hopefully with practice I will eventually be able to do it seamlessly.

Lastly, I have started learning and practicing the first song “Sign of the Times” by Harry Styles. It has been mostly easy other than the fact that this song has the Dm chord which I still haven’t been able to achieve in a smooth way. I think my best bet is to keep watching tutorials on how to do it and to keep practicing!

Below I have included some diagrams I made with SmartArt on Microsoft’s PowerPoint. The first diagram is a summarized version of the process of how I am learning the ukulele and the second diagram is a ranking of the difficulty of the chords (the top of the pyramid being the most difficult).